httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-devsite how-to-release.html
Date Mon, 05 Oct 1998 16:57:39 GMT

In article <Pine.BSF.3.95q.981005103942.9973f-100000@valis.worldgate.com> you wrote:

> On 5 Oct 1998 martin@hyperreal.org wrote:

>>    <P>
>>    <LI> Remember the CHANGES file:<BR>
>>         <CODE><STRONG>$ cp apache_1.X.Y/src/CHANGES .</STRONG></CODE>

> Seeing this reminds me:

> For some unknown reason at some time, someone decided that they should
> get rid of CHANGES in /dist/ and just have CHANGES_1.3.  This wasn't
> discussed before being done, and I have no idea why it was done.  It means
> that the current documentation is out of date, since it clearly indicates
> that it should be called CHANGES.

Yes, you're right. I stumbled over this, too. Seems like Brian renamed the
files some time ago when he cleaned up the /dist/ area and renamed some stuff
to 1.2 and 1.3. Martin, please fix the how-to-release document here, too.

> One of those inconsistencies should be fixed.  Personally, the latest
> CHANGES file has always been called CHANGES for a long time and I don't
> see any reason to arbitrarily rename it.

Yes, sounds reasonable to me, too.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com