httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: 1.3.3
Date Sun, 04 Oct 1998 14:19:18 GMT

In article <19981004151321.B7602@deejai.mch.sni.de> you wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 04, 1998 at 11:37:03AM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>> So, Martin, do you have to time for this?

> I think so, yes. It'd be my first release though, with everything
> including tarball rolling and announcement. I sure do hope the how-to-
> release document addresses all my questions ;-)

It's mostly up to date. Only some fiddling with file permissions under
/pub/apache/dist/ is not documented. Just make sure all your generated files
are writeable by the httpd group.  Oh, yes, and one more: The Win32 version
number inside the src/os/win32/registry.c file has to be bumped together with
the changes in httpd.h which is also not documented.

So, go for it!

Just one final hint: To be the RM means you have to push people a little bit
more than usual: Force to test, force to not commit risky things, make sure
the source tree is stable, do a lot of last-minute platform tests, etc.  So,
feel free to grab the baby into your hands and don't let others play bad games
with it while you're planning and rolling the release ;-)

>[..]
> Tarball rolling on 09-Oct-98, with announcement on 12-Oct-98?
> Or should the release be on 09-Oct, with the tarball date tuesday/wednesday?

I would roll a little bit earlier (the 7th) and _release_ on the 9th, because
some of us already went a little bit earlier to ApacheCon after the 9th.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com