httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Parker <par...@austx.tandem.com>
Subject Re: CGI Tweak Take III
Date Sat, 03 Oct 1998 19:15:14 GMT
On Sat, Oct 03, 1998 at 12:00:15PM -0700, Marc Slemko wrote:
> I am getting a bit uncomfortable about making the scripts included with
> Apache more and more complex and harder and harder for anyone who just
> wants to see a simple script or two to figure out...

Of course one could take the argument that a "simple" script should
only be included to test functionality (ie yes a CGI script will run
under this build), rather than as an "example."  There are tons of
books that tell how to write CGI scripts, there is no reason why there
has to be a tutorial in the distribution.

Or did I miss the point?

Michael