httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Behlendorf <br...@hyperreal.org>
Subject NT security expert needed for ApacheCon
Date Fri, 02 Oct 1998 02:42:36 GMT
Apologies in advance for the large cross-post.

A speaker for ApacheCon just dropped out (he was only ~10% confirmed
anyways) and I need to find a replacement.  I could pick from a number of
other proposals I had to turn away due to space, but the spot was something
that I'd really like to fill cirriculum-wise, which is NT security expert.
Sure, security on an NT system is something of a joke, but I was hoping to
at least find someone who could outline in a one-hour session the
essentials of locking down your basic NT4+SP3 system.  It doesn't even
*need* to be Apache-specific, though it should overall be web server
specific, and it'd be nice if it could include some tips for script writers
too on how to make sure their scripts on NT could be made more secure.

The session is on Wednesday the 14th from 3:30-4:30 at the San Francisco
Hilton.  There's no pay, but obviously there's some recognition that comes
with it, and a cool gift from the conference organizers :)

If you would like to speak, or know someone who could speak on this issue,
let me know privately.  Thanks!

	Brian

Where will YOU be Oct 14-16?                   |     brian@apache.org
ApacheCon '98!   http://www.apachecon.com/     |  brian@hyperreal.org