httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Removing ap_dummy_mutex from API
Date Fri, 02 Oct 1998 19:50:44 GMT
Dean Gaudet writes:
>On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Ben Hyde wrote:
>> 1. libab is dependent ap_log_error because of ap_slack.
> ... function pointer ...
that will be better...

>> 2. the stack/interrupt stuff is all in http_main.  Linker
>>    doesn't like that since alloc wants to use ap_block_alarms.
>>    In the longer term I don't like it since the stack/interrupt
>>    stuff is really very low level and ought to be in it's own
>>    file.
>
>ap_block_alarms is gone in apache-nspr.  There's no interrupts, there's no
>longjmp()s.  Say 'yay' :)

How's it do a timeout without an interupt?

Recalling that I couldn't find a way to interupt a thread on NT that's
I'll accept that no interupts is the future.  I like interupts and
don't quite know how you write code that avoids them without polling
(aka non-preemptive multitasking).

"yay", "yay"... I'll practice.

 - ben hyde