httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "David D'Antonio" <...@newsedge.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/3220: after installing apache, connecting to an NTserver to get/share files produces a bluescreen (fwd)
Date Mon, 19 Oct 1998 16:18:14 GMT
-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: TLOSAP <new-httpd@apache.org>
Date: Sunday, October 18, 1998 2:59 PM
Subject: os-windows/3220: after installing apache, connecting to an NTserver to get/share
files produces a bluescreen (fwd)

>Sigh.
>
>What they are saying is that doing something completely unrelated to
>Apache (ie. browsing the network neighborhood) causes 95 to crash after
>installing Apache.
>
>Unless anyone has any great ideas, the answer will be along the lines of
>that Apache shouldn't be able to cause any such thing (especially if it
>isn't running) and we really can't help them...

This is Windows 95, remember. Its quite possible that installing something replaces
DLLs used by the system which can lead to such problems.

So I'd ask him if uninstalling Apache fixes the problem. Or if re-installing Win95 fixes
the problem...

I just tried this (installing 1.3.3 on my Win95B box with IE4 installed). It doesn't crash
and burn getting files from an NT server here...

DDA

--
David D'Antonio CNE - dda@NewsEdge.com
 Some they do and some they don't and some ya just can't tell