httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Spero <...@mossflower.oit.unc.edu>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Fri, 11 Sep 1998 18:40:53 GMT
Yeah - that's why I'm saying just take the idea of sending the data with
the first packet, which is legal straight tcp. you lose the time_wait
elimination, but you avoid the problems.

it's not a mission critical thing , but it's worth while whilst your in
the stack anyway.

Simon

 On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> > > Erm... wonderful theory, but I'm not so sure it holds up in real life with
> > > real life clients.
> > >

> > Take a look at some of the work on T/TCP; not widely deployed, but
>
> You mean the T/TCP that is implemented in very few servers (and that
> number is shrinking), fewer clients, has major security holes, and where
> the standard itself recommends that it should _not_ be implemented?

Now available - The Freddy Hayek Kayak            | "Pass me another elf
Paddle Your Own Canoe! Be Rowed To Surfdom!       | Sergeant- this one's
>From The Taco Institute for Dyslexic Libertarians | split"
  Moments ago I had everything. Now, there's a cow in my nose - La Salla