httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Spero <...@mossflower.oit.unc.edu>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Fri, 11 Sep 1998 17:46:09 GMT

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Marc Slemko wrote:

> > accept_and_read makes that data available to the server and lets you send
> > the first packet back with the syn-ack if you delay that.
>
> Erm... wonderful theory, but I'm not so sure it holds up in real life with
> real life clients.

Take a look at some of the work on T/TCP; not widely deployed, but
interesting and worth stealing ideas from when stack tuning  (makes much
bigger difference to user performance than zero copy.
It's covered in tcp illustrated 3 -note that there are some problems that
people have raised over other bits of T/TCP. I think some of the concerns
have been published as RFCs

 Simon