httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Spero <...@mossflower.oit.unc.edu>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Fri, 11 Sep 1998 16:48:59 GMT

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

[some stuff I'll get to later when I'm awake - i'll just do the easy one
 here :)]

> > 	7.4) Allow connect_and_write (send data with syn)
> > 	7.5) Allow accept_and_read( read data with syn, delay syn-ack).
>
> I disagree... but only because I'm a linuxhead and syscalls are cheap ;)

That's not really the point; the point of connect_and_write is to send
data in the first packet (i.e. with the syn; avoids 1RTT per request).
accept_and_read makes that data available to the server and lets you send
the first packet back with the syn-ack if you delay that.

btw - couldn't the file handle stuff be done with a tweak to clone()