httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Spero <...@mossflower.oit.unc.edu>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Thu, 10 Sep 1998 05:46:21 GMT
yeah-i would have said that if my head worked better at the moment. this
fits in o the send side buffer management.

simon
On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Thu, 10 Sep 1998, Simon Spero wrote:
>
> > 7) TCP changes: There are several changes that would be useful for a web
> > server.
>
> You forgot:
>
> 7.n) Get rid of Nagle, and get rid of auto-flush-on-write().  Allow the
> app to tell the kernel when it's at the end of what it's sending...
> there's no need for silly timers and that crud like in Nagle when the app
> is well behaved.
>
> Dean

Now available - The Freddy Hayek Kayak            | "Pass me another elf
Paddle Your Own Canoe! Be Rowed To Surfdom!       | Sergeant- this one's
>From The Taco Institute for Dyslexic Libertarians | split"
  Moments ago I had everything. Now, there's a cow in my nose - La Salla