httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Simon Spero <...@mossflower.oit.unc.edu>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Wed, 09 Sep 1998 20:39:12 GMT

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> P.S. One note, though. Although some (hi, Simon) might disagree, I'm not
> talking about using Harvest as a whole, just taking out the cache bit and
> using that. As an alternative to writing our own cache. I tried that once
> before and we ended up with the mess of a proxy we have now.

I'm paying attention ; I'm not sure if I disagree or not, since the
mechanical parts of the cache are pretty generic, and could well be worth
lifting. The  key thing is that the cache be write-thru, and capable of
being kernelised.

 I was actually writing some stuff on this the past few nights. Of course,
I was on pain-killers so I can't read most of what I wrote. I'll post what
I can decipher

Simon // hey, I lit a candle and pretended I was at burning man.