httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Sutton <p...@c2.net>
Subject Re: Apache 1.3.2-dev Win32 build
Date Tue, 22 Sep 1998 10:31:22 GMT
On Mon, 21 Sep 1998, Michael Parker wrote:
> Installed just fine on Win95 and serves static content.  I don't have
> any CGI to test with so....
>
> I did get a warning when I started the server:
>
> "Registry does not contain key SOFTWARE\Apache Group\Apache\1.3.2 dev"

Um, the installer should have created that registry key during install
(that was one of the changes from the current committed code).

Anyway, give the new installer a go. I just tried it after completely
wiping my SOFTWARE\Apache Group\Apache part of the registry tree and it
created the key fine.

NB you can always get the Apache exe itself to create the correct key, by
running (for example)

  c:\path\to\apache -d "c:/path/to/serverroot" -i

Paul