httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Fri, 11 Sep 1998 23:28:27 GMT

On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Alexei Kosut wrote:

> I think we're going to have to add generic, regex-like matching mechanisms
> at some level of the URI parsing code. It may be at a higher level than it
> is right now (i.e., perhaps URI rewriting from external URIs to internal
> not-quite-URIs), but it'll still have to be there.

mount a "regex remapping backing store" on /.  At the lowest level I'd
like the simplicity of mount points, rather than the complexity of regular
expressions.

Besides, if people are doing a reorg from the filesystem to a database
they'll probably end up changing URLs... unless you were implying that
/file.html was in a database already, in which case just mount the
database on /.

Dean