httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Wed, 09 Sep 1998 21:24:48 GMT

On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> I didn't want to replicate effort with the NSPR guys - but I couldn't
> wait, so I've been talking to them anyway - looks like I'll be sorting
> out the working directory thing, at least.

Right, I don't think you'll step on them at all, they were pretty happy
with the proposal we came up for this.  I documented it in one of the
readme files.

> Then I was thinking of
> looking more closely at layered I/O - what would be most valuable for me
> is if you could make it clearer where you are at with that, before I
> shoot us _both_ in the foot :-)

I've done nothing on it...

> Before it confuses you, I should mention I moved your Configuration to
> Configuration.dean to avoid a nasty fight :-)

Yeah I had work in progress (I forget where it is) that had a top level
make script for folks to build nspr and apache-nspr together... never
finished it/wasn't happy with it.

Oh other things you may want to add to your howto doc is "make
BUILD_OPT=1" which builds the non-debugging version of NSPR.

I've got lots to do for my real work in the next month, so other than
piping up and spouting my hot breath here I probably won't be committing
much.  Of course, every time I say that I write something new. ;)

Dean