httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ed Korthof ...@ultimanet.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Wed, 09 Sep 1998 20:49:20 GMT
On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > Please don't wait for me... everything I had in progress is now in the
> > repository.  I'd be delighted to have other folks working on apache-nspr.
> > I'll make sure to post when I start tackling the TODOs.
>
> I didn't want to replicate effort with the NSPR guys - but I couldn't
> wait, so I've been talking to them anyway - looks like I'll be sorting
> out the working directory thing, at least. Then I was thinking of
> looking more closely at layered I/O - what would be most valuable for me
> is if you could make it clearer where you are at with that, before I
> shoot us _both_ in the foot :-)

I'd be happy to work on layered I/O, so long as I'm not stepping on
anyone's feet and don't have to deal with merging in changes from 1.3.x.
:p

I haven't done anything with this since Alexei and I wrote up the proposal
for layered I/O using modified BUFFs, as I understood that NSPR has some
(or all) of the functionality which Apache needs there -- but if more
should be done here, I'd be interested in helping with it.

Ed, reading through the references which Dean and others were helpful
enough to provide re: zero-copy TCP and page-flipping