httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Wed, 09 Sep 1998 23:07:15 GMT
On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> > Hmm. You made some cryptic comments, particularly with reference to
> > flushing. A bit of clarity in those comments would be nice
> > (alternatively a licence to ignore them will do).
>
> Oh, the layering in NSPR doesn't provide a distinction between "flush all
> the way down the stack" and "flush just this one layer".  Both operations
> are important when buffering is involved.  Or at least I think they're
> important.  hmm.  Maybe not, maybe I was deluded.  I can't figure out why
> "flush one layer" is useful now.

A year ago, when we were discussing our layered BUFF stuff, Ed and I
discussed this a bunch, and the only time we could figure when a "flush
one layer" would be useful is when removing that layer from the stack. But
we figured that the pop operation would do that when it removed the layer.
Assuming NSPR provides a callback for when a layer is removed, that should
work.

(I don't know if it does)