httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: Apache on the Netwinder
Date Sun, 06 Sep 1998 14:12:19 GMT

On Fri, 4 Sep 1998, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> I am still struggling with reliability on the Netwinder.  I am hoping the
> new kernel coming next week will take care of it, but who knows.  httpd
> seems to hang and get itself stuff in an accept() loop:
>
> accept(15, 0xbffffa88, [16]) = -1 ECONNRESET (Connection reset by peer)
> accept(15, 0xbffffa88, [16]) = -1 ECONNRESET (Connection reset by peer)
> accept(15, 0xbffffa88, [16]) = -1 ECONNRESET (Connection reset by peer)
> accept(15, 0xbffffa88, [16]) = -1 ECONNRESET (Connection reset by peer)
>
> Although I may have a bit of a Heisenberg here.  Whenever I point strace
> at the process to get this information it seems to come unstuck.
>
> I am using USE_USLOCK_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT right now.  FCNTL and FLOCK both
> had worse problems.  Anybody else out there with some ARM-Linux insight
> here?

Though I am not sure what those corel boxes run, but I see the same with
an older ArmLinux 2.0 kernel on my RiscPC at home. I just upgraded
ARM-Linux 2.1 and it went away. (Though Gcc 2.8.1 seems broken. Had to
step back to 2.7).

A diff on the kernel yieleded about a zillion changes; and there seems to
be a lot of casting going on around accept(), select() and recv() handling
of for example FD passing. Some of it assumes specific endian and lenght
insofar as I can work out.

Dw.