httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangu...@jrc.it>
Subject Re: arm-linuxelf httpd
Date Wed, 02 Sep 1998 10:29:42 GMT

On Wed, 2 Sep 1998, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> > You've got a normal Risc-PC there, i.e. a the garden variety Acorn ?

> No, this is the new NetWinder box from Corel.  See
> http://www.corelcomputer.com and http://www.netwinder.org

> It's a cute little thing about the size of a hardcover book and it only
> draws about 18 watts!  I'll bring it with me to ApacheCon so you can all
> have a look.  I am hoping to get Apache running smoothly on this thing and
> then using them for a low-end server farm where each customer gets their
> own machine.  These things can be had for about US $700 each depending on
> configuration, so they are quite cost effective.

Cool, yes, I found it now, and recognize the hardware; I used to develop
networking bits for an early version of Acorns NC; which ended up with
oracle after Acorn was bought out. Just curiousity. This box is a logical
next step :-). Cool box though. Much better than the original; though also
much more expensive; it used to be targeted at the sub 180 dollar range.
If I recall corrctly I would be extremely suspicious of any thing having
to do with select(). There is an issue with the mapping to poll() and the
way the signallying is handled.

Dw.