httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>
Subject Re: You'ld think they'd run the current release...
Date Sat, 12 Sep 1998 06:54:11 GMT
On Fri, 11 Sep 1998, Simon Spero wrote:

> Actually, this would make for an interesting benchmark... Thomas.loc.gov
> is running Apache/1.2.5. I guess the real killer will be the inline images

I had to laugh at the fools predicting the entire Internet could "melt
down" due to this romance novel being released.

But, I think the impressive traffic went to cnn with 340000 hits/minute
which is their highest load ever.  Of course, that does help put into
perspective just how important benchmarks on static content are or are
not since that is under 6000 hits/sec and can easily be balanced across
many machines pretty cheaply.