httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Roy T. Fielding" <field...@kiwi.ics.uci.edu>
Subject Re: application/smil MIME type in Apache default (was:Re: XML MIME types)
Date Fri, 25 Sep 1998 05:00:45 GMT
>it's a bit sad to be "punished" for doing the right thing here.

Well, Manoj was being a little imprecise.  Unless there is a significant
installed base of software that expects a specific x-tag, we will never
put those in mime.types.  Keith Moore was right.

Users are fully capable of adding new mime types -- the only ones we
have distributed in the past are the ones that came with NCSA httpd
(legacy issues) and the ones used on apache.org.  If we ever get around
to distributing a complete list, I'm sure we'll add application/smil.

....Roy