httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Bill Stoddard <stodd...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Win32 / DevStudio stuff: Question
Date Wed, 30 Sep 1998 11:47:47 GMT
Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:

> We've now ported mod_ssl to the Win32 platform (I hated every minute I was
> forced to work with VC++ and was such happy to be alte to return Unix/GCC now
> again ;-). Only one thing is missing: The integration of the modules/ssl/
> stuff into the DevStudio .dsp/.mak files. As a workaround we patched directly
> the .mak files. But as Marc recently explained this is incorrect, of course.
>
> So, I tried to add it the correct way to the .dsp files, but....
> Ok, I'd to confess: I'm too stupid for this. Yesterday
> I tried:
>
> "msdev ApacheCore.dsp" -> Error: file was not created with DevStudio (haha)

Ahhh, a Unix developer hacking on Win32, using Unix look-alike tools no
doubt. DevStudio is not recognizing the .dsp file because it is missing
the carriage-return line-feed (CRLF) pair at the end of each line (only
contains LF). How did you get the source over to your windows box? If I
tar up source on a Unix box and untar it on Windows (gnu tar), I see
this problem. Anonymous cvs extract directly to the windows box and I
don't see the problem.

--
Bill Stoddard
stoddard@raleigh.ibm.com