httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <Ken.C...@Golux.Com>
Subject Re: other/3071: Default 404 Errors give COMPLETE Unix pathnames of where the root HTTPD directory is located. (fwd)
Date Fri, 25 Sep 1998 12:32:47 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> I agree completely.  This functionality must not be present without a
> directive to turn it off, and the default setting is questionable.

Likewise.  When the ap_log_rerror() and error-notes stuff went
in, I for one had no idea that ap_send_error_response() was
going to use it instead of the default messages.

Now fixed and back to the way it used to be, except for three
status codes (500, 411, and 400) -- and even for them the
text is an to addition rather than a replacement of the default
page text.

#ken	P-)}