httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: US gov't crypto export
Date Fri, 18 Sep 1998 23:49:56 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:
> > Surely the easy way is to lift the exportable crypt() things like
> > FreeBSD use (which is based on MD5, and hence has no problems)?
>
> The easy way is to use the md5 code already built into Apache.  The only
> problem with that is it means that most Unixes can't use the same passwd
> file.

That's more-or-less what I meant - but you still have to turn it into a
crypt replacement (I agree this is pretty trivial). I think sharing the
passwd file is a non-issue - especially since we already do this on
FreeBSD (so, hey, they can share with FreeBSD, whoo!).

Cheers,

Ben.

WE'RE RECRUITING! http://www.aldigital.co.uk/