httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Wed, 09 Sep 1998 21:43:05 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> > I didn't want to replicate effort with the NSPR guys - but I couldn't
> > wait, so I've been talking to them anyway - looks like I'll be sorting
> > out the working directory thing, at least.
>
> Right, I don't think you'll step on them at all, they were pretty happy
> with the proposal we came up for this.  I documented it in one of the
> readme files.

Yep. That's essentially what I'm planning to implement. It seems to me
to be the natural way to do it, anyway.

> > Then I was thinking of
> > looking more closely at layered I/O - what would be most valuable for me
> > is if you could make it clearer where you are at with that, before I
> > shoot us _both_ in the foot :-)
>
> I've done nothing on it...

Hmm. You made some cryptic comments, particularly with reference to
flushing. A bit of clarity in those comments would be nice
(alternatively a licence to ignore them will do).

> > Before it confuses you, I should mention I moved your Configuration to
> > Configuration.dean to avoid a nasty fight :-)
>
> Yeah I had work in progress (I forget where it is) that had a top level
> make script for folks to build nspr and apache-nspr together... never
> finished it/wasn't happy with it.

Yeah, well ... I just built against the current NSPR and it seems to
work - I'll probably tweak Configure to deal with it all at some point.
Not urgent, I feel.

> Oh other things you may want to add to your howto doc is "make
> BUILD_OPT=1" which builds the non-debugging version of NSPR.

Ah, OK. I'll add that. Of course, you can type "cvs ci" as well as I can
:-)

> I've got lots to do for my real work in the next month, so other than
> piping up and spouting my hot breath here I probably won't be committing
> much.  Of course, every time I say that I write something new. ;)

Heh. Well, I'm currently standing in for two developers I haven't got,
as well as doing my own work, so count this as a displacement activity
:-)

Cheers,

Ben.

WE'RE RECRUITING! http://www.aldigital.co.uk/