httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Laurie <...@algroup.co.uk>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Wed, 09 Sep 1998 21:00:39 GMT
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Wed, 9 Sep 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:
>
> > Marc Slemko wrote:
> > > Memory and disk are the same thing.
> >
> > Bollocks. :-)
>
> No, honest.  Especially with modern vm systems, the most efficient way for
> your application to differentiate can sometimes be to not.

That I can agree with, so long as we remember the "sometimes". However,
sometimes it isn't the most efficient. Certainly a pointer is quicker
than an absolute pathname, even if the thing the pointer points at got
swapped. You know this. I know this. There are young minds out there.
Let's not corrupt them. :-)

Cheers,

Ben.

WE'RE RECRUITING! http://www.aldigital.co.uk/