httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <c...@Apache.Org>
Subject Concerning PR#2409 (customising ErrorDocument 500)
Date Fri, 04 Sep 1998 15:29:22 GMT
PR#2409 complains that ErrorDocument 500 declarations in
.htaccess files and <Directory> containers get ignored.
I tracked this down to the way directory_walk() works: it
parses the .htaccess files and then merges the config
records.  Thus a parsing error (which means a 500) has
only the server config available to field the problem.

Does it makes sense to document this as a restriction, or
should the .htaccess parsing include the merging operation?
Personally, I prefer the latter -- any comments before I
start working on a patch?

#ken    P-)}