httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Rodent of Unusual Size <c...@Apache.Org>
Subject Re: umlauts and ISO-8859-1 in conf-files?
Date Fri, 04 Sep 1998 12:25:16 GMT
Magnus Bodin wrote:

> The Apache server is tremendously generic with scandinavian characters,
> but will it eventually be possible to use iso-8859-1
> characters in configurefiles, especially in domain-directives,
> directory directives and url-rewrite rules?

In terms of printable non-ISO-Latin-1 characters in URLs,
I believe Apache 1.3.1 handles them correctly now.  As for
directives in config files..  have you tried them?  I don't
know if they'll work or not, but I wouldn't be surprised if
they also are treated correctly as of 1.3.1 as a result of
the same change.  They won't collate correctly, but I don't
think that matters for directives.

#ken	P-)}