httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Win32 / DevStudio stuff: Question
Date Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:50:00 GMT

In article <19980930094656.A29496@engelschall.com> you wrote:

>[...]

Yeah, life is hard for Unix hacker when he has to work under Win32. So, I need
help, again.  After I've added the CRLF's to the .dsp files DevStudio was
happy and I was able to add the compiler and linker defines (thanks to the
great description, without I would have searched a lot longer). But...

1. Is there any standard Windows way to convert LFs into CRLFs?
   I ask because GNU recode or other Unix tools do not exists
   per default under the users Windows platform.

2. We have a lot of .dsp files. And is it correct that
   I've to edit (via the GUI, of course) every file?  Puhhh... that's not very
   user friendly. Isn't there a "meta" .dsp file where I can add the /DMOD_SSL
   and the other stuff and from which all other files get updated
   automatically?

3. After "nmake /f Makefile.nt" under src/ it starts compiling.
   But then when the aux tools get compiled, it fails for
   gen_uri_delims:

   LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file "LIBC.lib"

   I searched the whole system, but there isn't a libc.lib.
   Is it my fault (perhaps I messed up the .dsp files?) or
   what's the problem here?

Sorry for such silly questions, but I never developed anything under a Windows
platform myself. I use this platform only for graphics art and slide
generation.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com