httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_config.c
Date Fri, 25 Sep 1998 23:04:10 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> jim@hyperreal.org wrote:
> >
> >  Changes with Apache 1.3.3
> > +
> > +  *) Non-existant .htaccess files being returned as FORBIDDEN instead
> > +     of not-existing. [Roy Fielding]
>
> I find that remark cryptic.  :-)  What exactly is the problem that's
> being fixed here?

It appears that non-existant .htaccess files were being returned as
FORBIDDEN instead of non-existant. There are 2 reasons for this, bit
it all comes back to the fact that ap_pcfg_openfile() now uses pools
and errno was being trashed, but ap_parse_htaccess was still expecting
it to be valid. Also, we didn't correctly check all possible switches.