httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Philipp Hoschka <Philipp.Hosc...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: application/smil MIME type in Apache default (was:Re: XML MIME types)
Date Thu, 24 Sep 1998 23:20:28 GMT

On 21/09/1998, Manoj Kasichainula <manojk@io.com>  wrote:

>I'm not sure that MIME types that have not been approved which don't
>have x- prefixes should be added in.

actually, we have been encouraged by the IESG area director
responsible for this (Keith Moore) to avoid using application/x-smil,
but to go to application/smil directly, given that we were
pretty close to getting registered. reason: application/x-smil
would never disappear once it's out there

it's a bit sad to be "punished" for doing the right thing here.