httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/modules/standard mod_auth_db.module mod_auth_db.c
Date Mon, 21 Sep 1998 16:39:43 GMT
Dean Gaudet wrote:

> Maybe sendmail does the same thing.
>
> Dean

Yeah... I'll have to look. Someone said that with db2, the db1 functions
are actually wrappers for the db2 ones and this appears to be the case.
In this case, even using the db1 function calls, the underlaying database
still uses the db2 format. So it's not only knowing which function to
use, but whether it's a wrapper or not, which is way complex :(