httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: More on broken mod_status output
Date Mon, 21 Sep 1998 11:57:57 GMT
Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> So, the question is, could I be doing something in the PHP module which
> would cause this?  For example, what if the module caused a core dump in
> the middle of a request?  Would the scoreboard get stuck in write mode for
> that process?

But if the process dies for any reason, then the main httpd process
should get the signal that it's died and take care of thing. The fact that
there aren't any zombies means that the main httpd process has reaped
the core-dumpers, at which case it should reset the correct scoreboard
entries :/ All this implies a problem with Apache itself, not PHP...

What system are they running? (I'll also look at the original bug report
as well).