httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: WAKEUP PLEASE: Tomorrow is release time!
Date Sat, 19 Sep 1998 15:31:00 GMT

In article <3603BAFF.44E1AB32@Golux.Com> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>>
>>   $ CC=gcc \
>>     OPTIM='-O -Wall -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith -Wcast-align \
>>            -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations \
>>            -Wnested-externs -Winline' \
>>     ./configure --prefix=/tmp/apache \
>>                 --enable-shared=remain

> BTW, when I did this exact thing, line-breaks and all, on RH 4.2,
> I got the following error:

> Syntax error --- The configuration file is used only to
> define the list of included modules or to set Makefile in src
> options or Configure rules, and I don't see that at all:
>            -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-declarations
>            -Wnested-externs -Winline

This exact thing? Oh no, I've put the breaks and the backslashes there just to
look better in the message. Puhhh... the problem seems to be our AWK
processings, etc. But I think we can ignore this in the hope nobody is as
crazy as typing APACI lines really this way ;-) Or is there an easy fix to get
rid of line breaks inside variables?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com