httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Jacobowitz <d...@false.org>
Subject Re: WAKEUP PLEASE: Tomorrow is release time!
Date Thu, 17 Sep 1998 14:32:14 GMT
On Thu, Sep 17, 1998 at 04:56:03PM +0200, Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
> > And so I brave the wrath - I realize completely it's an ugly hack and
> > should not be necessary, but is there any chance of my glibc 2.0.95
> > patch making it in?  If there is I'll grab 1.3.2-dev and redo it using
> > SHARED_CHAIN in the next few hours.
>
> I think the solution is wrong. The only correct IMHO is to
> 1. include db.h
> 2. check some defines like DB_VERSION_xxx to
>    determine if it's version 1 or version 2 and
>    then set a define for DB1 and DB2.
> 3. dispatch the db-related code with this define,
>    i.e. have a source piece for DB1 and one for DB2.
>
> I think it's not good to use db_185.h and fiddle around with the headers and
> other stuff. Add plain DB2 support to mod_auth_db and add checks to dispatch
> between DB1 and DB2. When you can do this today it would be fine for
> inclusion. But the current patch is not really acceptable.

All right - coming right up.  Along the same lines, does anyone know if
the db2 library will or will not be able to open db1 files?  Otherwise
this could come as a nasty surprise if someone's db version changes.
Not a problem that this patch would trigger, and not an issue that we
could really do anything about, but worth mentioning if it will be a
problem.  If no one knows I'll try to look into that today too.

Dan