httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Tue, 15 Sep 1998 12:42:13 GMT

In article <Pine.LNX.3.96dg4.980914100406.22530c-100000@twinlark.arctic.org> you wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Sep 1998, Ben Laurie wrote:

>> Dean Gaudet wrote:
>> > As far as I can recall, the only storage leaks that have ever occured in
>> > Apache were due to people using make_sub_pool(NULL).  Something which I
>> > made impossible in apache-nspr (or at least I think I did, I intended
>> > to...).
>>
>> But there are (occasional) reasons for wanting to do that...

> Every use I've seen has been wrong.  Show me a use that's right.

What?! I've not followed the whole thread, so please forgive when I ask in the
middle: What's wrong from using ap_make_sub_pool(NULL)?  We use it now both in
Apache-SSL and mod_ssl for preserving private keys over the 1st->2nd init
round and over server restarts. When this is wrong, what's the correct way,
Dean? We've seeking for solutions for a long time and this private pool was
the best we could find. Hmmmmm....

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com