httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: BUGDB: problem and a suggestion
Date Sat, 12 Sep 1998 12:54:33 GMT
Rodent of Unusual Size wrote:

> Jim Jagielski wrote:
> >
> > Also, there are times when I'd like to search for "Any except closed"
> > bugs... It would be nice if that was, in fact, a singular clickable
> > option... Ken, howz that sound? Any ideas on the name? I'll add it
> > in ;)
>
> Personally, I don't think much of the idea; it's a gateway to
> all sorts of combinations -- and probably not that useful to
> the major (?) consumers of the db: the users.  I'd suggest
> making a copy of bugdb.cgi and hacking this in, and putting
> the result in your own ~jim directory.
>
> But if there are other people on this list that think this would
> be a good addition to the standard form, I'll go along.  The
> above is just MHO.  (You *did* ask, after all. :-)

My only "concern" (which is WAY too strong a word) is that basically
there are, when you break it all down, 2 real statuses(sp?) of
bugs: ``open'' or closed. ``open'' can mean many things and can be
further broken down as ``open and awaiting feedback'' , ``open
and analysed'' etc...

No biggie, since one can always command-select to choose more than
one State when searching.