httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/os/unix Makefile.tmpl
Date Tue, 08 Sep 1998 06:16:27 GMT

In article <35F437EF.FFC6957B@algroup.co.uk> you wrote:
> Ralf S. Engelschall wrote:
>>
>> In article <19980906192429.4449.qmail@hyperreal.org> you wrote:
>> > ben         98/09/06 12:24:28
>>
>> >   Modified:    src      Makefile.tmpl
>> >                src/ap   Makefile.tmpl
>> >                src/main Makefile.tmpl
>> >                src/modules/standard Makefile.tmpl
>> >                src/os/unix Makefile.tmpl
>> >   Log:
>> >   Update dependencies.
>>
>> Be careful, Ben! You have to built with --enable-rule=WANTHSREGEX before you
>> do this. Without it you now lost the regex dependecies. And you lost some os.h
>> deps, but I don't know why...

> Whoops! But shouldn't make depend define the appropriate stuff to get
> the regex included?

We didn't know in the past how we can automatically add this if WANTHSREGEX is
not active, so we decided that we make sure WANTHSREGEX is enabled when we run
"make depend".  Another point why we don't want the end users to run this, of
course. In the past mainly Dean and I have run "make depend", so it was no
problem. But we should perhaps add a check to the "depend" target in
src/Makefile.tmpl to make sure other Apache developers don't stumble over this
next time.
                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com