httpd-dev mailing list archives

From j..@helios.de (Jens-Uwe Mager)
Subject Re: AIX binary compatibility?
Date Mon, 07 Sep 1998 08:52:04 GMT

>The bindbuild script is somewhat out of date, but unpacking the stuff
>to /usr/local/apache or copying all relevant stuff (binary, config, docs)
>should do the trick.

This is rather complicated, especially for someone who already attempts
to get away with some of the complexity by getting a binary
distribution.

>If you've used the top-level configure script you can do a 'make install'.

But the binbuild script does make clean after building, thus there is
no top level Makefile any more. So you cannot even easily read the
install target of the Makefile.

This not necessarily a problem for me, I can build apache myself and
all is fine. But I have the feeling that the current Apache binary tar
ball mechanism is too complicated for folks that want to download
binaries in the first place.

After I have created such a binary tar ball, where do I upload that to?

Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH
Steinriede 3
30827 Garbsen