httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: DSO issue
Date Mon, 07 Sep 1998 06:10:47 GMT

In article <19980906161931.A3282@mindcryme.com> you wrote:
> In order for mod_rewrite to be loadable, at least on my system
> (LinuxPPC 2.1.119, glibc 2.0.95), it needs to be explicitly linked to
> -ldb when it is built.  Is there a standard mechanism for specifying
> that a specific module needs to be linked to a specific library?  I
> seem to recall a discussion of this recently in which a variable was
> mentioned which would link all DSOs against a certain library...is
> there a serious issue in linking everything against -ldb when only two
> modules need it?

You cannot link just one DSO against a library. You have to link all, but
usually that doesn't hurt. For this enable the SHARED_CHAIN rule and specifiy
your libs via LIBS. Then the libs which can be linked against DSOs are
automatically fetched out of LIBS.

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com