httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Manoj Kasichainula <man...@io.com>
Subject Re: XML MIME types
Date Sun, 06 Sep 1998 06:39:43 GMT
On Fri, Sep 04, 1998 at 12:48:45PM -0700, Jim Gettys wrote:
> As to xsl, it isn't there (you should probably poke the xsl folks to
> register it...).

I don't know much about what's going on with them, but apparently they
aren't far enough along to register.  You're not supposed to register
a MIME type until you have an actual completed document to base it on,
right?

> While you are at it, you might go looking for other things that should
> be added.

Yeah, there are a few PRs on the subject. What should the rule be for
including a MIME type/extension pair in the Apache mime.types file?
Just whatever I think sounds good, or something more strict?

"How can one live in this age and not be curious?" -- Charles Krauthammer