httpd-dev mailing list archives

From "Ralf S. Engelschall" <...@engelschall.com>
Subject Re: ["David Coelho" <drc@ppt.com>] SCO OpenServer 5.2 port
Date Tue, 01 Sep 1998 14:52:40 GMT

In article <x74surevyb.fsf@montana.covalent.net> you wrote:

> There is a minor bug in the src/Configure script
> in the Apache version 1.3.1 release when building
> on SCO Openserver 5.2. The following patch fixes
> this problem:

> --> diff src/Configure src/Configure.ORIGINAL
> 542,547d541
> <     *-SCO_SV*)
> < 	OS='SCO SV'
> < 	CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -DSCO"
> < 	LIBS="$LIBS -lPW -lsocket -lmalloc -lcrypt_i"
> < 	DEF_WANTHSREGEX=yes
> < 	;;

You added an entry for the upper case variant.
Is this really all? Then we can do it simpler

     <  *-sco_sv*)
     >  *-sco_sv|*-SCO_SV*)

OTOH why are there SCO systems with lowercase uname results and others with
upper case results? Or Or is it always uppercase and your patch should not be
a _change_ instead of an _addition_?

                                       Ralf S. Engelschall
                                       rse@engelschall.com
                                       www.engelschall.com