httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: [jum@ans.helios.de: Proposal: changes to the binbuild.sh script]
Date Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:31:15 GMT

The binary tar ball issue got a lot of discussion
back in june 98.  A number of people carefully
enumerated issues with the binary tarballs that
would need to be worked thru.  If one goes thru
the archive looking for "binary" you'll see most
of them.  These are important valid points that
rain on the parade of Ralf's constructive work to
make this a reality.  (My thoughts for example are
there in <9806101349.AA15673@gensym1.gensym.com>)

We did not shake out any of the issues raised
there.

This is a good example of "how tight a lid on
1.3.*" issue.  My sense is that the consensus is
that we should move most of our resources to 2.0.

  - ben hyde