httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Ben Hyde <bh...@pobox.com>
Subject Re: Apache 2.0/NSPR
Date Sun, 13 Sep 1998 01:15:00 GMT
Jim Jagielski writes:
>Not that it would be a good language for Apache, but who here
>remembers Forth ?

I think these days it's more often called  Open Firmware, but
it doesn't have a GC.  Postscript does and L* did and they
share that delightful two stack (operand/execution) abstraction.

Possibly the most elegant web client/server code I've read and used is
CL-HTTP in pure unrelenting Common Lisp.  Reading it requires a
graduate level comfort with common lisp and it uses most everything in
the 1000 page book, but it doesn't use the GC.

Personally I find even the idea of adding pfree to the pool
abstraction distasteful.

 - ben hyde