httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: Spinning httpds - One Solution
Date Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:36:05 GMT
> Erm... so how does that work if php3_restore_umask isn't called after a
> hard timeout?
>
> What do you think is "wrong" about your code?
>
> hard timeout --> gets the hell out when a timeout or SIGPIPE happens
> soft timeout --> set r->connection->aborted when ...

Well, the only visible problem is that r->connection->aborted doesn't seem
to get set when a client connection is broken no matter how much output I
send followed by calls to rflush().  The script runs until completion, or
until the internal PHP timeout expires.

> Hmm.  Don't you set a SIGPIPE handler in mod_php in the above sequence?

No, I have no SIGPIPE handler defined.  I basically followed
mod_include's example when I initially figured out how to hook PHP into
Apache.  Seen from the moon, mod_include and mod_php do the same thing.
There is no signal handler in mod_include and its send_parsed_content()
function is wrapper inside a hard timeout just like PHP's.

-Rasmus