httpd-dev mailing list archives

From ras...@lerdorf.on.ca (Rasmus Lerdorf)
Subject Re: Spinning httpds - One Solution
Date Fri, 21 Aug 1998 04:21:41 GMT
> If a hard_timeout is in scope it longjmps back to the main loop and aborts
> everything.  How is your code even getting invoked?
>
> Not that setting aborted is a bad thing, I'd rather we figure out what's
> really going on before we make that change though.

Hrm..  Perhaps I have been doing it wrong all along then, but mod_php3.c
has:

    hard_timeout("send", r);

    php3_save_umask();
    chdir_file(r->filename);
    add_common_vars(r);
    add_cgi_vars(r);
    apache_php3_module_main(r, fd, display_source_mode, preprocessed);

    /* Done, restore umask, turn off timeout, close file and return */
    php3_restore_umask();
    kill_timeout(r);

apache_php3_module_main() is the entry point into PHP's parser, so a hard
timeout is in scope for the duration of the execution of a PHP script.

-Rasmus