httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: Call sequence of *_init hooks?
Date Fri, 28 Aug 1998 20:51:18 GMT
It's always been this way, and changing it would break various things.

If you look at my process model doc I talk a bit about it... I describe
the ordering as:

read config
main process init (i.e. init())
sub process init (i.e. child_init())
thread init (doesn't exist yet)
fiber init (dumb, ignore, we've dropped fibers and I haven't updated the
doc)

It's absolutely necessary that we have a phase after the config reading.
It would be nice to have one before config reading... rasmus works around
it by testing a global in all his config routines.

BTW, don't assume that server_create happens before directory_create
either.

Dean