httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/main http_config.c http_core.c http_protocol.c
Date Mon, 10 Aug 1998 22:24:32 GMT

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> -1 on your limit patch then, as it removes functionality from the server
> and does not provide an alternative workaround that is compatible with
> predistributed binaries.
  ^^^^^
  precompiled

And I am serious.  I really think it is in our interest to never have to
tell people "recompile with -DFOOBAR".  The server, out of the box, should
let you change as much as possible.  This is a trivial thing to allow
folks to change.  If folks set them too low, then that's their own
problem.  They could have equally well shot themselves by using a "limit
datasize".

Dean