httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: bug db idea?
Date Thu, 06 Aug 1998 21:59:26 GMT
You know, we could use subaddressing to improve the bugdb.  For example,
mail sent to pr-1234@apache.org would automatically be logged with
PR#1234, and sent to all the folks interested.  That way it doesn't need a
well-formed subject line... it might work better.  We would only have to
instruct people to make sure the To: address is right when they send info,
they wouldn't need to get the subject right.

The reason I'm thinking of this is that if you do add multiple email addrs
to a PR, it's possible we'll end up with large unweildy lists of addresses
on some PRs.  By pr-1234@apache.org would be almost like a little
mini-mailing list...

Dean