httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Dean Gaudet <dgau...@arctic.org>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Problem 2534]
Date Tue, 04 Aug 1998 00:09:56 GMT
Nope, you can't get there from here.  Even:

static const char * const end_foor = "</Bar>";

isn't a valid constant initializer (but does have the nice effect of
putting the 4 bytes for end_foor into constant storage ;).  In C++ it
would be valid...  but C takes a different view of const... it was sort of
wedged into the standard.

Dean