httpd-dev mailing list archives

From Alexei Kosut <ako...@leland.Stanford.EDU>
Subject Re: cvs commit: apache-1.3/src/include ap_mmn.h
Date Tue, 25 Aug 1998 20:16:41 GMT
On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Alexei Kosut wrote:
> > IIRC
> Gah for some reason I can never remember what this acronym means.  Pretty
> pathetic geek eh?

It stands for If I Rembember/Recall Correctly, IIRC. I could be wrong. I
think of the R as meaning Recall, but in the context it is generally used,
it doesn't matter. I do a lot of recalling, a good portion of it
incorrect, so it's a nice term for me. I use it a lot.

BTW, if anyone cares, I asked a bunch of search engines "What does IIRC
stand for?" (most 'claim' to be able to answer questions)

Here's the top page from each engine:

Infoseek: "Knights of the Klu Klux Klan"
Excite: "Do you know where I can ge reasonably priced ship boxes?"
        (Usenet message)
HotBot: "Sorry, your search yielded no results."
AltaVista: "Welcome to IIRC homepage!" (the Korean Information
            Infrastructure Research Center)
WebCrawler: "The Individual Investor's Research Center (IIRC)"
Lycos: "email dave's novell shareware"

AltaVista came closet, with its #3 hit actually answering the question.
But I thought Infoseek's response was the most entertaining.

Though I give HotBot points for honesty.

-- Alexei Kosut <> <>
   Stanford University, Class of 2001 * Apache <> *

View raw message